|"Small, But Mighty" copyright Mila Bowman 2013|
4"x4" mixed media on pine board:
encaustic (beeswax & resin), oil pastel, ink, scrap paper,
ribbon, photo & found text
a recipe for dealing with rejection...
Winter got my letter! It was 71 degrees in Pacific Beach today. (That's more like it.)
That's the good news.
Today was also the day that Cloth Paper Scissors Magazine announced the finalists for the Make Mine Mini art challenge. After an extra week in limbo, I got the news. Out of 300 submissions, there were 53 finalists. I was not one of them.
A minor blow to the ego, but onward I go.
There will be more challenges, contests and submissions. It's on my bucket list to get published this year, so I'm not giving u
Mila's 5 Step Plan for Dealing with Rejection Gracefully:
1) Throw yourself a five minute pity party. (Go ahead, it's allowed.)
2) Go for a brisk walk. (My pup never rejects this idea.)
3) Eat a delicious meal. (And perhaps treat yourself to a nice glass of wine.)
4) Have a chat with a friend who makes you feel good. (Thanks, Casey!)
5) Go make more art! (That's the courageous part of the plan.)